- The handling fee for eIPO Cash application is HK$50.(Note: A handling fee of HK$100 will have to be paid by clients applying for eIPO margin financing application)
- A low interest rate is available for eIPO margin financing application. (Please refer to the respective IPO announcement for more details)
Features of eIPO
- Available in cash or margin financing application.
- Customized loan ratio at your choice (a maximum loan ratio only)
- Clients could check the subscription status through their online trading accounts.
- The cutoff time of IPO cash application will be at 9 am on the date of subscription deadline (subject to further announcement).
Point to note:
- For cash application – You should have deposited the full amount for application (including all handling fees and levies) into your Trading Account before submitting your eIPO application. Otherwise, approvals are required.
- For margin financing application – All applications for margin financing are subject to approval.
- The fund will be deducted in the trading account after approval & subscription deadline.
- Once an eIPO application is accepted, it may not be amended or cancelled through our eIPO service.
- Applications that are duplicate in nature or suspected by CPY to be so shall not be accepted.
- CPY will send the email notification after we received your application in the nextday. However you can check your application status on Web trading account.Besides checking your application status through your online trading account, CPY will inform you via email of the application status.
eIPO subscription period (Generally)
(1) Opening Time:
- For Cash Application: 10 am on the first opening date
- For Margin financing application: 3 pm on the first opening date
(2) Closing Time:
- For Cash Application: 9 am on the closing opening date
-For Margin financing application: 12 pm on the day before of the closing day (Please note that margin applications may be closed earlier once our quota is full.)
For more details, please refer to our announcement for each IPO application.
Please see the following video demo of eIPO to introduce subscription flow.
eIPO Services Q and A
How can CPY clients apply for IPO?
CPY clients can apply IPO via “CPY eIPO Services” at our CPY Internet Trading System or contact Account Executive.
What are the risks for applying IPO?
When applying for IPO, investors should apply based on personal needs, understand the market situations, business nature of the company and all related risks. Details should refer to the Prospectus, offering memorandum, marketing materials, and the annual report of the company. If necessary, should seek professional advice.
My account at CPY does not have any cash balance, can I make the application first and transfer the IPO related application monies on the application deadline day?
Yes. Although the cash balance is insufficient for your eIPO application, cash application will be subject to CPY approval, please check your latest subscription status at “Subscription Status”.
Will I receive any confirmation after making an eIPO application?
CPY will send an email confirmation after we accepted your application. Besides, you can also check your latest subscription status at “Subscription Status”.
When will I need to transfer the IPO related application monies?
For eIPO application, if the cash balance is not enough to settle your application, the application will be subject to approval from the CPY nternet Trading System. Upon approval, the IPO related application monies will be withheld and will be deducted from client’s account on the application deadline day for eIPO application.
How do I know whether my eIPO application is successful or not?
Your CPY Account Executive will contact you directly for the share allotment results. CPY will also send out Consolidated Daily Statement which will show the quantity of allotted shares and the refund amount, if applicable.
In the event of an unsuccessful application, when will the IPO related application monies be credited back to my account?
Refunds (depending on the share allotment results) will be credited into client’s account upon our receipt the same from the Share Registrar.
How will clients be affected if the IPO delayed or cancelled the listing schedule?
The listing schedule of IPO may be suspended, delayed or cancelled. If it happens after the application deadline day, for approved applications, clients will be responsible for the Administration Fee and all applicable interest charges (for margin subscriptions). Refunds will be arranged according to the Issuers’ announcement.
Can I amend or cancel my eIPO application instruction through “CPY eIPO Services”?
No, once your application have been accepted and confirmed, no amendment or cancellation will be allowed through “CPY eIPO Services”.取消。
Can I submit more than one application for the same IPO?
No, multiple applications or suspected multiple applications will be rejected.
I have both individual account and joint account in CPY. Can I use both accounts to apply for the same IPO?
No, applying by individual account and joint account for the same IPO will be regarded as multiple applications, which will be rejected.
Will margin application increase the chance of share allotment when the IPO is over oversubscribed?
The stock market changes dramatically, can go up and down. IPO will have oversubscribed or under-subscribed situations. If investor aims to increase the chance of share allotment and apply for more than necessary, he/she may be allotted with all the shares applied. Investor will need to face market risks and will be responsible for all relevant fees and charges.
Clients should make appropriate investment decisions based on personal needs and understand the relevant risks of the IPO.
Why there is an error message said that margin application is not available when I tried to applied via “CPY eIPO Services”?
Client may not have submitted the “Initial Public Offering Loan Agreement” to CPY. Please contact your Account Executive to obtain a copy.
Why there is an error message when I tried to apply for ibond / listed bonds via “CPY eIPO Services”?
Client may not have submitted the “Product Suitability Assessment Form” to CPY. Please contact your Account Executive to obtain a copy.
What are the handling fees and charges for applying eIPO via “CPY eIPO Services”?
For cash application, the Administration Fee is HK$50, plus Transaction Levy, Trading Fee and Brokerage Fee. For margin application, there will be additional interest charges. Clients should understand the relevant terms and conditions, or contact Account executive for details.
I already have a trading account in CPY, but without online trading facilities. What should I do if I would like to apply IPO via the CPY Internet Trading System?
Please contact your Account Executive for opening an eTrade Account or Enter here.
What is the operating hours of the “CPY eIPO Services”?
“CPY eIPO Services” is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, clients should be aware of the application deadline day of the respective IPO. In general, for margin application, the application deadline at CPY will be set at 12:00pm on the day preceding the IPO application deadline day (while quantity lasts). Whereas for cash application, the application deadline at CPY will be set at 9:00am on the IPO application deadline day. Clients should be aware of CPY’s announcements of the respective IPO application schedule.